[LAU] Open Sound Control: Is it still a thing?

worik root at worik.org
Tue Apr 27 09:22:19 CEST 2021

Vaguely Linux Audio related

Is Open Sound Control still a thing?  Was it ever?

I am shopping for a mixer, I am a bit worried that the digital controls
are a bit too propitiatory.  I do not want to get orphaned by a firm
going out of business and letting its iPad App rot.  OSC looks like a
solution, but it does not seem to be implemented by many vendors

I am hoping that eventually the mixer will be controllable by the
software I am building around a Raspberry Pi

Worik

--
    If not me then who?  If not now then when?  If not here then where?
              So, here I stand, I can do no other