[LAU] A bit of a puzzle

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Fri Apr 30 16:06:28 CEST 2021

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 08:51:04 +0200
ORL <orl at ammd.net> wrote:

>Le 26/04/2021 à 17:41, Will Godfrey a écrit :
>> In either Yoshimi or ZynAddSubFX, is anyone making use of the Eq.T. (Equal
>> Temperament variation) control. If so, what are you using it for?
>>
>> It really is a very strange thing.
>>

>Yes, we (Plagiat - https://plagiat.org) use microtonality, because our
>music is mostly based on oriental music, and in such music the
>temperaments used are non-equal. It's usual to speak about
>quarter-tones, even if it's a language abuse.

Thanks for you reply. However, I'm not talking about microtonality in general,
but the specific case of the Eq.T control knob in the part engines that is only
active when the 440Hz checkbox is ticked.

As it happens, I've had answers from elsewhere. It seems people are using it
for experimental sounds, and also when they want enharmonic, but key/pitch
related sounds for things like percussive instruments.

--
Will J Godfrey
https://willgodfrey.bandcamp.com/