[LAU] Open Sound Control: Is it still a thing?

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Fri Apr 30 22:17:01 CEST 2021

Am Mittwoch, 28. April 2021, 18:07:51 CEST schrieb Len Ovens:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2021, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> > On 4/28/21 12:30 AM, Len Ovens wrote:
> >> The Wing with TCP would not need this... but of course some OSC libs do
> >> not support TCP because OSC 1.0 is UDP and OSC 1.0 never got past OSC
> >> 1.0 due to lack of funding. There was work started on OSC 1.1 but it was
> >> never formalized and the documentation has vanished from the OSC site.
> >> This means no bundles, no TCP, no # or ? just / and so many OSC
> >> controllers are OSC 1.0 only.

@Lens: Do you have any reference where it is stated or referenced that "OSC
1.0 is UDP" ?

I always assumed OSC  1.0 can be used over any transport, mostly I use TCP/IP,
sometimes serial, so it would be good to know where this stated to argue that
and
why OSC 1.0 is only UDP ?

I know UDP is easy: "one message - one packet", but that does not exclude the
others.

mfg winfried

--
- ao.Univ.Prof. DI Winfried Ritsch