[LAU] A/V Synchronization issues with Firefox and JACK

nik at parkellipsen.de nik at parkellipsen.de
Fri Aug 20 13:17:54 CEST 2021

Hi,

I recently noticed that, when watching videos with Firefox in a JACK-only environment
(no pulseaudio, usually), video and audio slowly but noticeably run out of sync over the
course of 20min or so. Not sure when it started, but it didn't use to be like that before.

I'm on Arch, FF compiled with JACK support (not using alsa2jack plugin).
I'm running JACK at 44.1khz, blocksize 512.

With pulseaudio, there's no such issues ...

Anybody experiencing similar issues ?

Best,
Niklas