[LAU] Rumor - nasty growling bass fuzz pedal

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Fri Dec 17 20:34:12 CET 2021

On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 19:56:25 +0100
Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com> wrote:

>On 17-12-2021 17:49, Will Godfrey wrote:
>> On Fri, 17 Dec 2021 17:41:17 +0100
>> Hermann Meyer <brummer- at web.de> wrote:
>>
>>> I've just push my latest work to github, It's a pure, nasty growling
>>> bass fuzz pedal, with bold out-front presence, and cutting articulation.
>>> It's for those who love those good old transistor based fuzz pedals.
>>> https://github.com/brummer10/Rumor <https://github.com/brummer10/Rumor>
>
>Nice, going to check it out! Most other Fuzz plugins sound rather tame,
>hopefully this one delivers the goods ;)
>

>>> rooowwwaaa a a a  a   a    a      a
>>
>> Oh, a modern one then :P
>>
>> @folderol remembers building one with resistor fed germanium diodes :@)
>
>The first fuzzes at the beginning of the 1960's had no clipping diodes,
>only transistors. It was around 1969 that the first fuzzes with clipping
>diodes appeared, such as the EHX Big Muff and Univox Super Fuzz. For an
>excellent overview see
>http://www.kitrae.net/music/Fuzz_Big_Muff_Timeline.html.
>
>Jeremy

Thanks for the link Jeremy. It brought back memories (sharpened them up
somewhat too!)

In the late 1960s I built a handful for friends (so got paid peanuts) and the
very last one was in the 1970s for a guy who always complained that the ones
he'd tried weren't 'bright' enough - so somewhat tongue in cheek I made one
that was basically an overdriven 741 op-amp. He loved it!

--
Will J Godfrey
https://willgodfrey.bandcamp.com/