[LAU] [music] Oscillator - Pandora (remix)

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sun Dec 19 11:37:54 CET 2021

Hey hey,
I had the great opportunity to remix a song by Oscillator (Staffan Melin).
Here's the Linux musician's thread with the original:
https://linuxmusicians.com/./viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23954

Here's my remix:
https://youtu.be/yPYko4vuvEk
and a direct OGG version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n05lejzwj0851t1/pandora_mix2.ogg

This song uses samples from Missa pro defunctis - 1. Requiem by permission (CC
BY 3.0), see
https://musopen.org/music/44142-missa-pro-defunctis/

Vocals performed by Kajsa Olsson

This remix uses a few of the arpeggio rhythm sounds from the original,
re-recordings of pads, bass and some arpeggio/sequence style sounds to allow
for slightly adapted harmonies. :) The drums are completely new.

Besides some hardware for the monophonic sounds, there is a lot of Yoshimi for
the three pads and two choirs. There is also Aeolus. I always wanted a good
place for Aeolus in a popular production. None better!

The drums are a mix of samples loaded into LinuxSampler, partly sampled from
hardware, partly synthesized in Csound.

The processing is rather heavy duty, but quite conventional. Lots of use for
SWH (Barry's Satan maximzer! :) ), CAPS, TAP, Calf, Invada and Fons' g2verb,
zita-reverb and parametric 4-band filter.

Enjoy and best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Don't, don't let me be the last to know