[LAU] Interpretive audio to video?

Sam Kuper sampablokuper at posteo.net
Tue Dec 21 00:58:45 CET 2021

On Sat, Dec 18, 2021 at 10:10:25PM -0500, James Greenlee wrote:
> Does anybody know of a tool that I could feed audio in to, and have it
> output an "interpreted" video? Not necessarily a "waveform" of the
> audio, more something abstract, like an acid-tripped audio fractal or
> something.

This article lists several examples, including various well-known media
players:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_visualization

Some of them are free software (free as in freedom, aka "open source").

--
A: When it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: When is top-posting a bad thing?

()  ASCII ribbon campaign. Please avoid HTML emails & proprietary
/\  file formats. (Why? See e.g. https://v.gd/jrmGbS ). Thank you.