[LAU] Yoshimi, SubSynth, PadSynth, MIDI Learn

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Fri Feb 5 17:57:10 CET 2021

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 11:04:56 -0500
tom haddington <meshugga42 at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello, Listers--
>
>I've successfully mapped two of my MIDI knobs to the filter's cutoff
>frequency controllers in both SubSynth and PadSynth.  The problem is that
>in neither of these engines does the sound change continuously.  The
>controller on the GUI moves when I twist the mapped MIDI knob, but I need
>to strike the key, again, to hear how the sound has changed.  Apparently,
>filter sweeps are not allowed in either of these engines?  This is not a
>problem in AddSynth.
>
>Some further details:
>
>OS:  Ubuntu Studio 18.04, LTS
>Yoshimi:  1.7.4
>Controller:  Akai MPK88
>
>Have I missed something?  I will continue to search the manuals, lists, and
>other docs.
>
>Thank you!
>Tom

You are absolutely right. I don't know what happened here. I'll pass it on to
the dev who did the work on these.
In the mean time, you can adjust the channel filter cutoff MIDI control (CC74)
Also (right click on the 'Controllers' button) this can be MIDI-learned as
well, giving you more control.
Finally, since V 1.7.2 aftertouch has been pretty stable, so it can be linked
here.

HTH

--
Will J Godfrey