[LAU] [Music] Symphony of love illusive

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Feb 10 05:14:35 CET 2021

On 2/9/21 1:03 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 21:13:19 +0100 (CET)
> "Jeanette C." <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:
>
>> Hey hey,
>> the symphony of love illusive was written using the free Sonatina Symphonic
>> Orchestra (SSO) SFZ library in LinuxSampler. Only when the first two movements
>> were completed did I discover the Virtual Playing Orchestra and so I will have
>> to write something else symphonic some time soon. :)
>> (There are currently only Youtube links, no direct downloads, they will follow
>> within the next few days.)
>> Here are the four movements:
>> 1. Allegro (Fantasia - possibly)
>> https://youtu.be/BC2RuiFDlOw
>> 2. Molto Vivace (Scherzo - nearly and my pride and joy :) )
>> https://youtu.be/7vNi--527Sk
>> 3. Larghetto (Lament - maybe)
>> https://youtu.be/-FiuTQRRVF4
>> 4. Andante Moderato (Rondo - could be)
>> https://youtu.be/sdYGqnYhyxA
>>
>> Feedback, as ever is appreciated. I know that I was only consistent in one
>> particular: I always broke the form. :)
>>
>> Some more details: the whole symphony was recorded with the Sonatina Symphonic
>> Orchestra. The strings and brass were layered with some - self designed -
>> sounds from my Roland module, to flesh the sound out and have more of a
>> dynamic range available. The symphony was written in Midish, recorded straight
>> to Nama and only little processing was added, mostly to the sounds from the
>> hardware to match them with the software samples.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Jeanette
>>
> As I said 'elsewhere', it took a while to find time for this. A really
> impressive piece of work.

My, what lovely, thoroughly well-written compositions, Jeannette! A bit
of a Bach feel at times that I liked. The Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra
sounds are perfect. Thank you for making and sharing these!

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com
"My password is the last 8 digits of π."