[LAU] [Music] Symphony of love illusive

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 17:30:13 CET 2021

Hi Jeanette,

On 13/02/2021 13:42, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hey hey,
> now all four movements can be downloaded and listened to from my website
> in both OGG and mp3 formats:
> http://juliencoder.de/nama/symphony_of_love_illusive/index.html

Finally had time to listen to this as a whole piece (all movements
together) as IMHO should be done with a 'symphony' :-)

Well done with the composition, orchestration, technique and digital
realization!

I hear a very exquisite 'German' character in it - from a purely
musical-artistic-historical perspective (couldn't avoid thinking at
moments of two German dudes who made music and who both had surnames
starting with 'B'... maybe even a couple of 'homages' in the Scherzo?)
:-) - still the piece has its unique character, so this is not at all
meant in a diminishing way.

I also enjoyed the overall play/interaction/balance between more 'solo'
vs. tutti parts.
Technically, I particularly appreciated the agogic and dynamics you
managed to create, which is often challenging with 'MIDI'.

This endeavor is truly inspiring: personally, these days creating a few
minutes of music take me months to conceive and finalise, so kudos for
your dedication and hard work on such a large work.

Lorenzo.