[LAU] [music] Arctic 80

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sun Feb 21 21:49:55 CET 2021

Hey hey,
this is my latest song:
https://youtu.be/ypm4h8gD0s4
and for OGG download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4o9red2nzjl3rex/arctic_80.ogg

The song was written as part of a challenge or competition by the DJs for
Climate Action (https://djs4ca.com) to use their sample pack, which was
created from sample of the Green Peace sound library. The sample pack contains
pure field recordings and loops and oneshots made from these. The competition
is still running till the end of February.

Talking to a friend just before beginning the song, we talked about the genre
of slaphouse, so I tried to encorporate something from slaphouse into this
track.

On the Linux side I used a lot of LinuxSampler, some Csound to create my riser
- based on samples - and Yoshimi the the rhythmic main pad. Though the rhythm
was created in my DAW, by automating the volume with an LFO.

Enjoy, feedback would be welcome!

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c