[LAU] [RFC] A “poor man’s”, yet professional level studio setup

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Feb 25 04:35:44 CET 2021

Florian Bador has a similar setup, see:

https://linuxaudio.github.io/libremusicproduction/html/articles/lmp-asks-8-interview-florian-bador.html

about halfway down the page... search for: What is your typical workflow
when making music? His use of "Master" seems to match yours. His master
does no audio work at all but rather logs into the audio machine via ssh
-Y (I think) and just acts as the x server.

There is a picture of 3 of his 4 machines and a little bit of an
expanation of what he does with them (or did at the time in 2015, he may
have moved on by now). I thought I had seen a better or more indepth page
somewhere... but I can't find it. He shows up in #ardour once in a long
while. I think he has started using pianoteq lately over linuxsampler (or
along with?)

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net