[LAU] ssr and alternatives

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Fri Feb 26 01:12:00 CET 2021

Hi Brandon,

On 25.02.21 21:59, Brandon Hale wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Have you ever had any luck with soundscape renderer (ssr)? I have been
> having issues opening audio files with it, and am working with the
> developers on github right now to see what fixes that may be possible.
>
> Are there any good alternatives for rendering ambisonic and wavefield
> synthesis audio files?

you might consider TASCAR (Toolbox for Acoustic Scene Creation and
Rendering): It is a time-domain multi-channel audio renderer, provides a
simple geometric image source model and feedback delay network-based (or
convolution-based) late reverberation. It is used both in science [1]
and arts [2]. A core feature is its low-delay capabilities.

TASCAR is written in C++ under GPL. It is available as source and debian
packages, see http://tascar.org/ for installation.

It provides HOA and VBAP (2D and 3D), WFS and binaural rendering.

Best,

Giso

[1] Grimm, Giso; Luberadzka, Joanna; Hohmann, Volker. A Toolbox for
Rendering Virtual Acoustic Environments in the Context of Audiology.
Acta Acustica united with Acustica, Volume 105, Number 3, May/June 2019,
pp. 566-578(13), https://doi.org/10.3813/AAA.919337

[2] http://orlandoviols.de/