[LAU] project "droning": 10 years, 300 tracks

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 01:48:50 CET 2021

Dear friends,

In 2011 I announced project "droning"
<https://louigiverona.com/?page=projects&s=music&t=droning>, a project
dedicated to longform ambient music. You folks were the first people to
listen to it, since the majority of it was written using Linux Audio tools
and shared on this very mailing list.

Today I have reached a milestone of 300 tracks, a nice round number. This
is also 10 years later! So seems like the right moment to finish the
project.

I will, of course, continue producing ambient music, but simply in the more
usual form of albums on my Bandcamp <https://louigi.bandcamp.com/>. And
project "droning" can be a nice completed collection of longform ambient
tunes, almost utilitarian in nature.

The story I tell about project "droning" is that some of the authors of the
software I used to make it with were listening to the tunes while working
on that same software 😂

While I used most major Linux Audio apps for the project, including
Hydrogen and Ardour, the bulk of work was done with Rakarrack, Kluppe,
Qtractor, Din and several other soft synths.

Recent tunes were made with FL Studio, which is why I no longer promoted
them on this mailing list. The last tune made completely with Linux Audio
was droning280, "Twilight Connection".

Huge thanks for being my audience for the past 10 years, your support meant
a lot to me, and each time I finished a tune, I would rush to post it here,
knowing that some of you might enjoy it.

Cheers!

<3

Louigi Verona
https://louigiverona.com/