[LAU] ADAT support with Presonus FireStudio Live interface?

Bent Bisballe Nyeng deva at aasimon.org
Sun Jul 11 17:18:02 CEST 2021

Hello

I have two Presonus FireStudio Live firewire interfaces working in
daisy-chain mode for a total of 16 channel pre-amped inputs and they are
working great :-)
I am however sometimes running short on channels and thought it might be
worth looking into adding a cheaper interface, such as the Behringer
ADA8200 Ultragain, and hook that up to one the the Presonus interfaces
through ADAT to ensure full sample synchronization.
I have not been able find anything information on how/if this kind of
setup would work on linux and the ffado website seem particularly sparse
with information these days.
Does anybody have a similar setup and can share some insights into what
works and what doesn't - then it would be much appreciated :-)
In particular I would be interested to know how/if the extra channel
from the ADAT interface would show up in jack?

Kind regards
Bent Bisballe Nyeng