[LAU] LV2 plugin that controls other plugins?

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 00:30:50 CET 2021

On 11/03/2021 16:54, Mark Raynsford wrote:
> Hello!
>
> We know that hosts such as Ardour are able to control the
> parameters of LV2, LADSPA, VST, etc, plugins using MIDI CCs and
> possibly other automation control signals.

If I understand correctly what you are trying to do, I would have a look
at using Pure Data (Pd) [1] for midi (including filtering etc.)
automation and send this to Carla which supports midi learn for plugin
parameter.
Be aware that Pure Data uses ALSA midi and AFAIK Carla works only with
jack midi (although there is an option to have JACK with ALSA midi but I
never figured out how to make it work..) so you might need a2jmidid [2]
to connect Pd's midi out to Carla's midi in.

Lorenzo.

[1] https://puredata.info/
[2] https://github.com/linuxaudio/a2jmidid