[LAU] Motu M64 Madi interface (not) class compliant?

Chris Caudle 6807.chris at pop.powweb.com
Fri Mar 12 19:12:02 CET 2021

On 2021-03-12 11:43, Peter P. wrote:
> can report that the Motu M64 Madi interface does work with a limited
> channel count of 24 for input and another 24 for output (instead of 64
> each).

That seems misleading on the part of MOTU.  There is no mention of that
anywhere on the product web page, and the readme file for the "pro-audio
driver" even has this note:

USB audio class-compliant operation on macOS
All of the MOTU interfaces listed on page 1 of this document are USB
audio class-compliant on macOS. This means that you can connect them to
any Mac running macOS 10.11 or higher using USB for multi-channel audio
I/O without having to install any drivers.

No mention of reduced features when using class-compliant operation.

Is that actually a device limitation, or a linux usb audio driver
limitation?

--
Chris Caudle