[LAU] Motu M64 Madi interface (not) class compliant?

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Fri Mar 12 23:04:00 CET 2021

On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 22:25:48 +0100
"Peter P." <peterparker at fastmail.com> wrote:

> In my perception RME cards were the most decent cards under Linux until
> they started their fireface series. Until then pci, pcie, cardbus and
> expresscards allowed linux use of everything up to their madiface (yes,
> with full 64 I/O).
     ** snip **
> For now I feel that the best way is to go for USB class compliant interfaces
> that have no on board mixer of FX.

I've been very happy with my RME Babyface Pro in CC mode with Linux.
Maybe I'm missing out not having its onboard FX, but it doesn't feel that
way.  I really don't mind not having the TotalMix software.  I do everything
I need to either with JACK/Mixbus tools or the onboard mix/routing functions.

It's a level of CC usability I'd love to see in other interface makers.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com