[LAU] online calls with decent auido for music lessons

Nicolas Faure sub26nico at zaclys.net
Mon Mar 15 16:56:59 CET 2021

Hi, if you don't have to play simultaneously with students, Zoom or
Jitsi (FLOSS) can do it. I use jitsi for online course and it works
nicely, but with some latency, so no way to play with students. If you
have to play with them, Jamulus can do it with good settings (no wifi,
you must have 2 computers, one for jamulus 'server' - no need a real
server, just the jamulus server app- and another for jamulus app). But
students needs a computer and sound card, etc... Zoom (which have a
Linux app) or Jitsi can be used on phone/tablet or computer, so more
flexible but doesn't allow to play simultaneously without problematic
layency.

My 2cts

Nico