[LAU] Jamulus private server [WAS]: Re: online calls with decent auido for music lessons

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Mar 19 15:31:16 CET 2021

Just to mention a small alternative to dyndns that can work for some cases
(e.g. me). If you have a web host somewhere with a known IP, then you can
run something like this from cron, meaning that REMOTE_HOST/lastlog
"always" contains the "current" IP address of your dynamic system. I use
this to make sure I can always log in to my home machine (aka the Ardour
build system for Linux & Windows & some macOS builds) as long as I can get
into ardour.org and cat lastlog.

#!/bin/sh

ip=`curl --silent ipinfo.io/ip`
ssh -i $SUITABLE_SSH_KEY REMOTE_HOST "echo $ip > lastlog"

exit 0