[LAU] Open Sound Control: Is it still a thing?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat May 1 00:26:15 CEST 2021

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 3:52 PM robertlazarski <robertlazarski at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Still, I also work a lot with udp for high volume applications and despite
> its shortcomings I would choose udp over MIDI if I had a choice. I get
> frustrated with midi often due to lack of universal MTC/MMC

This seems odd to me. There's no single OSC message you can send that will
have anything like the result of *supported* MTC/MMC in more than one OSC
receiver.

Yes, MTC and MMC are far from universally supported, but when they are, MTC
and Level 1 MMC (at least) will Just Work (TM). That's simply not the case
for OSC.