[LAU] Fwd: The audacity of Audacity: Telemetry / Google Analytics added

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Mon May 10 09:30:20 CEST 2021

On 08/05/21 18:28, Kevin Cole wrote:
> 'A massive middle finger': Open-source audio fans up in arms after
> Audacity opts to add telemetry capture
>
> Move comes days after firm acquired by Muse Group
>
> https://www.theregister.com/2021/05/07/audacity_telemetry/
>
> The article notes that it's actually an "opt in" but cautions that
> users might mistakenly do so.

Additional potentially useful reading:

https://github.com/audacity/audacity/pull/835 (actually cited in that
very article on the Register)

Also interesting read IMHO:

Data Collection vs Telemetry in Audacity -
https://github.com/SndChaser/AudacityTelemetryComments/blob/main/DataCollectionVsTelemetry.md

I think from a Linux (Audio) perspective, this is also an interesting
comment, incidentally in that same issue about telemetry:
https://github.com/audacity/audacity/pull/835#issuecomment-836109757