[LAU] Wavetral - a tool to convert between single cyel waves and spectra

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Mon May 17 23:24:56 CEST 2021

Hey hey,
I just released wavetral, a tool to convert between single cycle waveforms and
harmonic spectra in different formats. It supports audiofiles, plaintext
representations (one value per line), Waldorf Microwave II/XT wave dumps. It
can furthermore read Csound ftables as stored by ftsave and ftsavek and it can
write a Yoshimi script, which can be run loccally (runlocal) in the wave
context of the AddSynth voices and PadSynth.

Converting between waveforms means resampling a waveform and converting
between harmonics allows to decrease harmonics or fill higher harmonics with
0s to meet certain requirements.

You can clone the git repo here:
git clone https://github.com/jeanette-c/wavetral.git
Stranglely, when I tried I wasn't on the master branch, so I had to do
cd wavetral
git checkout master
git pull
Maybe it's just my git setup.

Best wishes,

Jeanette
  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

For whatever reason,
I feel like I've been wanting you all my life <3
(Britney Spears)