[LAU] Current Developments in Linux Audio ?

Brandon Hale bthaleproductions at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 18:48:55 CET 2021

> You can do that right now (alsa_in/out or zita-ajbridge) but it will
> move you into the realm of clocks drift. It might not matter that much
> depending on your use case but you said "sampling rate when I'm doing
> pro audio work". It might not be that pro audio anymore. I have not
> tested pipewire but I can't imagine that pipewire and multiple cards
> would be any better in that respect.
There's more to pipewire than that. It's a different audio model, so I
would say it probably does work better to use multiple interfaces. It's
worked better for me in pipewire than with alsa_in/out at least. I've
tried alsa_in/out, but it is a delicate process.

There are more benefits than the one I gave (like unified video
support), but that was the one feature that really blew me away.