[LAU] New software instrument: handpan

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Tue Nov 9 20:35:42 CET 2021

Hey hey,
this is a physically modelled handpan, designed for live MIDI playing. It's
written in Csound.
http://juliencoder.de/sound/handpan-1.0.zip

It's tested with Csound 6.16, but should work with 6.15, maybe even 6.14.
As it comes it's configured for ALSA audio
output and ALSA sequencer input. All choices for audio and MIDI I/O are listed
at the top. Also you can create any equally tempered scale you like. There are
two example scales in the file. Only one can ever be active. If you play notes
on the keyboard that are no in the scale you will strike the resonator, i.e.
any part of the instrument that isn't a clean note.

This instrument has been roughly modelled on a Rav drum, which I had the
pleasure to play, including the stereo spread of the notes.

I hope someone finds a use for it.

Best wishes and enjoy,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c