[LAU] Desktop replacements for ROX applications

Brandon Hale bthaleproductions at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 21:27:48 CET 2021

I've never run Rox, but I just took a look at it. Maybe some
alternatives that could be very similar in functionality are:

GNUStep

LXDE

Trinity Desktop (KDE3 Revived)

Mate Desktop (Gnome 2 Revived)

These all have their own applications I do believe and have a retro and
lightweight feel to them. I know for a fact that LXDE will run on a
potato. I use it on an old Acer Aspire One netbook. I run mate on my
main machine and it uses modern gtk3 and is fast and featureful (just
like I remember it back in 2009)!

I hope this helps. You can also pick and choose which applications you
like best from all of these and run the ones that you like.

Brandon Hale