[LAU] Desktop replacements for ROX applications

Chris Caudle 6807.chris at pop.powweb.com
Mon Nov 15 17:00:34 CET 2021

On Sun, November 14, 2021 1:58 pm, Will Godfrey wrote:
> Well, that proved rather interesting. The upgrade (devuan chimaera to be
> precise) removed python2 and, critically, python-gtk2, but it left the old
> entries in apt/sources.list so I was able to reinstall them. That's a bit
> more breathing space, but the axe is bound to fall at some point, so I'd
still
> like to find alternatives.

Python 2.x was declared end-of-life in January 2020, and is no longer
receiving updates, even for security problems.  So it should continue to
work as well as it did in 2019, as long as you can maintain the required
compatible libraries, but over time it may become more and more difficult
to maintain the required associated software without just freezing the
system at a known working revision.

--
Chris Caudle