[LAU] [music] The queen is dead (synthetic orchestral piece, WITH fugue :) )

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Fri Oct 15 08:03:41 CEST 2021

Thanks David! Yes, the fugue was a lot of fun. I'm still debating with myself
whether to pick it up and work it out.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

Oct 15 2021, david has written:

> On 10/14/21 9:13 AM, Jeanette C. wrote:
>> Hey hey,
>> I'd like to announce the release of "The queen is dead":
>> https://youtu.be/otTwVsenZ0I
>> or OGG audio download:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0wwhfdf9zzarbp/the_queen_is_dead.ogg
>> There is also a "making off" or walkthrough, where I talk about the writing
>> and production and my workflow/environment a little bit:
>> https://youtu.be/TZBVGK_z0H0
>> You can further download the MIDI sequencing session, with pritned out MIDI
>> file, LinuxSampler LSCP script and more here:
>> http://juliencoder.de/sound/the_queen_is_dead.zip
>>
>> This song was written and produced as an entry for Loopop's "mega contest".
>> The idea is to only use samples he recorded from unreleased synths at
>> Superbooth 2021. No genre restrictions and the samples are available as SFZ
>> and Decent Sampler, amonst others.
>>
>> The song itself meanders between soundtrack, romantic impression and clean
>> baroque. The fugue is quite short, but it's there, in all its three voices.
>> :)
>>
>> Plugins used: g2reverb, CAPS C* PlateX2, L/C/R delay, Glame Lowpass Filter
>> and Glame Highpass Filter from the SWH plugin collection, TAP Stereo Echo,
>> Chorus/Flanger, AutoPanner, Tube Warmth and Scaling Limiter, Calf Phaser
>> LADSPA, Invada Compressor Stereo and 4-Band Parametric Filter
>> (fil-plugins), Stereo Balance and Panner (ste-plugins) by Fons Adriaensen.
>>
>> This time there is a heap of automation and as usual quite a bit of
>> parallel processing, either as parallel sends or multiband processing.
>>
>> Enjoy and best wishes,
>>
>> Jeanette
>>
> Lovely music! The little fugue in the middle really makes the piece, in my
> opinion.
>
> --
> David W. Jones
> gnome at hawaii.rr.com
> authenticity, honesty, community
> http://dancingtreefrog.com
> "My password is the last 8 digits of π."

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

If there's nothing missing in my life
Then why do these tears come at night <3
(Britney Spears)