[LAU] Current Developments in Linux Audio ?

Brandon Hale bthaleproductions at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 16:51:24 CEST 2021

Pipewire is a BIG new addition. I was very excited to see I could use
two audio interfaces at the same time and route them wherever I want
with qjackctl! :) However

There have been some cool new audio plugins too. For instance, Vitalium
is an awesome synth that I've heard is comparable to MASSIVE (I've never
tried massive though). I've played around a little bit in Vitalium and
it is feature-rich.

I've gotten some new plugins from the Arch pro-audio group. For
instance, there are a couple of plugins I have not tried yet:

EasySSP

StereoSourceSeparation

Artican's TheFunction and ThePilgrim

Creative Intent's Temper

They have nice looking guis, but I haven't heard them yet.

There is also a new way to load Window's vsts: yabridge. It's been
getting a lot of attention on the Linux_Audio subreddit, but this is
another thing I haven't tried yet as I tend to use linvst for Windows
vsts, and I don't use very many.

Let me know if I missed anything. The Linux kernel itself is also always
exciting because new audio hardware tends to "just work". The other day
at work I was able to plug in and use a Scarlet 2i2 without any
installation of drivers or junkware. How nice is that?

Brandon Hale