[LAU] [Music] The queen's fugue

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sun Oct 31 14:37:05 CET 2021

Hey hey,
this is a three (or four?) part fugue, which I wrote for synthesizers:
https://youtu.be/cIF0JocnaDA
OGG version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kz8sb873rwsl3a/queens_fugue.ogg
It is a proper expansion of the "fughetta" inside "The queen is dead":
https://youtu.be/otTwVsenZ0I
This time I did not use the samples supplied by Loopop for his "Mega contest",
but my own hardware synthesizers. The main voice is the Waldorf Microwave Xt,
a hommage to the Waldorf M (wavetable synthesizer) sound used in the original
piece. The rest is all analogue, exploring both east and west coast synthesis.

Again, there is a lot of automation inside the DAW to make the piece come
alive.

The fourth voice is introduced towards the second half of the piece and is
actually a variation on the leading motif shifted somewhat in time. I think
this is called closed voicing, though I may be mistaken. :)

I hope you enjoy it, whichever techniques or instruments are involved.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

They say, break away - I'm missing out on the fun and games <3
(Britney Spears)