[LAU] live with keyboard

Gerhard Wolfstieg gw at wolfstieg.com
Mon Sep 20 00:05:24 CEST 2021

     Hallo Brandon, hi all together!

On Sun, 19 Sep 2021 10:56:04 -0400
Brandon Hale
<bthaleproductions at gmail.com> schrieb:

> I think the way I would approach it is use a pd-l2ork patch. You can
> route all midi into it, then use a patch that will change the midi
> output when pressing a certain midi button. Then, you can route pd to
> all of your synths that you want to use. You would be building your own
> midi mixer.
>
> I think the downsides to this approach is you need to know how to
> program with pd to do this. However, the patch would be pretty simple:

This isn’t a downside. pd and I are acquainted with each other.

As midi cc button I would only have a middle grandpiano pedal to switch
to the next sound preset in a row of presets for let’s say a concert.
  All other midi cc is only reachable by preessing at least two buttons
which is too much. And all of the 88 keys I need for playing. I would
prefer to touch a single key of my notebook to select a sound/preset.
I’m quite safe that could be done within pd.

    Thanks for your post and Grüße, Gerhard