[LAU] Connect pipewire to running JACK server

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Wed Feb 2 23:04:59 CET 2022

Yann Collette <ycollette.nospam at free.fr> writes:

> Le 28/01/2022 à 16:40, ycollette.nospam at free.fr a écrit :
>> Nice, thanks for the hint. I will do some tests next week.

192? 96?

> How did you find this rule ? Trial and errors ?

Yes and no.  Some Windows ASIO drivers refused to do anything but that
for some Behringer USB card and worked with stuff as ridiculously low as
24.  And if you try converting period sizes to millisecs, you need that
factor of 3.

The Opus Codec has as smallest standard size 120 samples @48kHz
(2.5msec) .  Stuff like that.  48kHz needs that factor of 3 to map
nicely to millisecs.

It doesn't make a superb amount of sense to me I'll readily admit.
Maybe the actual rule is "avoid powers of 2" for some drivers and/or
hardware, and 3x2^n is about as far from a power of 2 as you can get.

--
David Kastrup