[LAU] [music] Heroine (soundtrack/synth/baroque)

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sun Feb 6 16:13:28 CET 2022

Hey hey,
I'd like to present: Heroine
https://youtu.be/rOKoHH8cuCM
OGG version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/df3qm4olf2rvmjv/heroine.ogg

Special mentions go to Yoshimi for superb plucks, additive synthesis and
indispensible layering. Also to the Roland JV-1080 sound module for a powerful
architecture, especially considering its year of birth in 1994. Add
LinuxSampler, more hardware and the usual stock of great effects and we have a
song.

This song has two distinct inspirations: technically it is a study in fades
and blends and there is still lots more to learn on that score. Musically,
there was an old piece I always wanted to explore in a soundtrack like
setting. The whole track works up to it, even though the master piece itself
only gets a short but explicit spot at the end. Curious? I hope so. :)

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

All you people look at me like I'm a little girl.
Well did you ever think it be okay for me to step into this world. <3
(Britney Spears)