[LAU] New Music

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Sat Jan 8 16:49:35 CET 2022

On Fri, 7 Jan 2022 17:08:54 +0100 (CET)
"Jeanette C." <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

>Jan 7 2022, Will Godfrey has written:
>
>> When the muse strikes it feels great :)
>> https://soundcloud.com/soft-sounds/riding-the-derbyshire-dales
>>
>> 100% Yoshimi (of course)
>And very impressive again. The clarinet like sound is very lively. The
>lead that reminded me of a cor d'anglais sounded almost like a cheap
>sample recording, which may sound bad, but is actually more power to you
>for exposing the real warmth of Yoshimi and its capabilities. I tried to
>design acoustic like sounds and failed spectacularly.
>
>All around: great ensemble, well glued together.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Jeanny

Thanks jeanny :)

For acoustic-like sounds, for both ADDsynth and PADsynth I find that adding
resonance makes a huge difference. Start with something fairly rich in
harmonics. Enable resonance, then set 'R M' or 'R F'. You might need to hit
these a couple of times to get something interesting, As soon as you do save
it! Then try the Octave and CEnter controls for best results. Also a bit of
fiddling with the velocity sensitivity of filters halps.

--
Will J Godfrey
https://willgodfrey.bandcamp.com/