[LAU] What processor

David W. Jones gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jan 22 04:11:59 CET 2022

Hmm, doing audio, or just playing audio?

Oldest processors we have here are a dual-core Pentium 4 (has hyperthreading) and a dual-core Intel Atom (also has hyperthreading).

The P4 system has no working audio.

The Atom netbook only has 2GB memory, the Intel video uses part of that, so the netbook struggles playing FHD videos. And uses quite a bit of CPU just playing audio via ALSA/Pulseaudio.

On January 21, 2022 10:09:08 AM HST, Will Godfrey <willgodfrey at musically.me.uk> wrote:
> Just as a matter of curiosity, is anyone still doing audio on the older dual
> core machines (without hype-threading)?

---
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
exploring the landscape of god
http://dancingtreefrog.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.