[LAU] Connect pipewire to running JACK server

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Wed Jan 26 00:45:32 CET 2022

Jan 26 2022, Paul Davis has written:
> Again, PipeWire *is* JACK and it is also PulseAudio. It it not a
> replacement for PulseAudio, it is a replacement for both of them. Once you
> are using PipeWire, everything you've read about JACK bridging etc. becomes
> incorrect and irrelevant.
OK. Given that perspective, I see that there is documentation, possibly
even covering using an ALSA input/output that combines two soundcards.
But from the docs it looks like the JACK thing really start at 0.3.44
with demo configurations and everything. I have 0.43 installed by the
system. So there's a dilemma. :)

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c