[LAU] Connect pipewire to running JACK server

Susanne Schneider suseguitar at mailbox.org
Wed Jan 26 14:21:10 CET 2022

On 26/01/22 01:08, David Kastrup wrote:

| Ffado really is not something I want to be without since the ALSA
| Firewire stack just does not hold up to it.  I don't blame the ALSA
| developers: most devices are to be considered ancient.  But I am not
| interested in scrapping them.
|

|   -- David Kastrup

I really do appreciate this statement!
I have 2 rigs in use, each with a Focusrite Saffire 10 Pro, they are
running flawlessly now for already a long time
  and I do not see any necessity wasting money for a "upgrade", which
most likely would rather be a kind of downgrade,
thinking of that genius ffado-mixer providing me full access to the
hardware monitoring capabillities of the Saffire...
almost none of actual usb-audio-devices offer this funcionality in
Linux, the situation seems poor to me...
best
suse