[LAU] Connect pipewire to running JACK server

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Wed Jan 26 16:12:05 CET 2022

"Jeanette C." <julien at mail.upb.de> writes:

> As powerful as Pipewire looks, for the uninitiated it is currently
> lacking in some sorely needed documentation.

Frankly, in my experience the whole systemd universe (and it's not like
the GNOME desktop universe is much better) is ridiculously lacking in
documentation.  You can do a lot with just a few lines of configuration,
but there is not much of a way of arriving at those lines other than to
go begging on the respective mailing lists or StackExchange.

I have not evaluated Pipewire yet; but the kind of experience I am
talking about is at least common for Pulseaudio in my book.

Sometimes I think people might be better served if the developers
documented what they are doing rather than dropping everything and
developing the next hot thing.

--
David Kastrup