[LAU] Connect pipewire to running JACK server

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Fri Jan 28 16:24:12 CET 2022

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 08:20:29PM -0700, Paul Davis wrote:

> To do a linear speedup, you would gradually reduce the time between notes,
> maybe like this: 0.5, 0.45, 0.40, 0.35, 0.30 and so on

That would be a linear interpolation of beat _duration_.

The alternative is linear interpolation of beat _frequency_.

The result of this will be very close to exponential, for
a reasonable relative tempo change (in the range 1/2 to 2/1).
Outside that range, and if the ramp takes more than a few
seconds I wonder if humans will do exponential accurately
enough for the difference to matter at all.

--
FA