[LAU] Multichannel analog I/O audio interface: experiences and tips

Michael Zoet Michael.Zoet at zoet.de
Mon Jun 13 18:16:04 CEST 2022

Hi Jeanette,
> Hi Michael,
> I will have to run the app on an ipad, which is fine. Does the XR18
> remember all the settings across power cycles, once they are made?
> Will the device run if the app is not open on a controlling device?
> The iPad is not strictly my own and so I can't rely on it being near
> me whenever I record or play.

I just closed the app for a test and the XR18 still works and is playing
music ;-).

Whenever I start the app it asks me if I want to transfer the current
settings "mixer->pc" or "pc->mixer" so you can decide on whatever you
need. And of course with "mixer->pc" you restore the last settings on
the XR18. You can also save setups on a computer, pad and so on. Very
useful if you have different live situations with different instrument
setups and so on.

I also use jack_mixer in my setup to have a volume control for stuff
that runs on my computer and goes via USB to the stereo port (channel
17/18) on the XR18. If you wire jack_mixer (or any other Jack aware
mixer program) accordingly you could also have a volume control without
needing the app. You would only need the app to unmute it.

And another thing: I use external studio monitors connected to the main
outs of the XR18. With this setup I never experienced any latency
issues. (But again I am not a professional musician and others might
have other experiences and see it differently.)

Hope this helps again,

Michael