[LAU] Multichannel analog I/O audio interface: experiences and tips

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Fri Jun 17 01:05:00 CEST 2022

* David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> [2022-06-17 00:55]:
[...]
> >> And you need to dig up the firmware for 64bit versions of
> >> Linux (no idea where I got my .deb from when I needed to upgrade).
> > Isn't it in alsa-firmware-loaders package? Or does it ship without the
> > actual firmware?
>
> The latter.  I think I got the 64bit .deb from Medibuntu when that was
> still a thing.
Check the package's readme on Debian
https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/amd64/alsa-firmware-loaders/filelist
It mentions an install location and I actually have the file
 /lib/firmware/multiface_firmware_rev11.bin
there...

[...]
> > I think I have
> > to let it go after 20+ years now.
>
> Downgrading the Expresscard version/speed in the BIOS might or might not
> help.  Can you guess whether the problem is more likely with the
> interface card (I assume the expresscard version rather than the
> adapter/Pccard stack I use) or the Multiface breakout box?
Thank you, do you know the Expresscard version and speed can be set in
Lenovo X230 Bios? The probelm I decribed is a card that loads fine,
jackd starts fine and completely locks up my laptop after about two
hours of continuous use (short before an upcoming show).

best, P