[LAU] [music] Hermann's mill

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sun Jun 26 13:24:37 CEST 2022

Hey hey,
Here's Hermann's mill:
https://youtu.be/1-HH60SABUk
OGG version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ft63mul5qey7isz/hermanns_mill.ogg
First a big thanks to Fons for Aeolus and helping me with a preset file to
change stops via MIDI.

The inspiration for this was Philip Glass Music with changing parts. I'm not
into minimal music, I don't have the patience or ability for the kind of
trance. So I always waited for the "drop". I was always smitten though by the
beginning of the piece. So working from that, I came up with hHermann's mill.

The name is actually a bad musician's joke. :( At some point I use a chord
progression collectively known as an omnibus. This particular one has a German
name "Devil's mill". So I picked one devil that I could think of. It's
definitely mr Meyer, whose Guitarix plugins I very much love!

Other instruments used: Yoshimi for the synthesized organ, LinuxSampler for
the trumpets and hardware: Behringer Neutron and Arturia Minibrute 2 for the
synth basses and leads.

Cool your heels in the dark of the cave and enjoy! :)

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

But now I'm stronger than yesterday <3