[LAU] esi32 firmware?

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:26:26 CET 2022

Hi,
trying to get an old Emagic Esi32 to run on my Debian stable system.
Upon connecting I get in dmesg:
 emi26 - firmware loader 2-1:1.0: emi26_probe start
 usb 2-1: firmware: failed to load emi26/loader.fw (-2)
 usb 2-1: Direct firmware load for emi26/loader.fw failed with error -2
 usb 2-1: emi26_load_firmware - error loading firmware: error = -2

It seems there is some kind of firmware needed, and it exists/existed
according to this list https://wiki.debian.org/Firmware/List
but I can't seem to find it in the apt package manager.

Does anyone have experience with this card, or any idea I could try
next?

thanks!