[LAU] [ANN] Qtractor 0.9.29 - An Early-Autumn'22 Release batch #3
Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
Wed Oct 5 11:20:00 CEST 2022
Hello there, one third and last time,
Qtractor 0.9.29 (early-autumn'22) is released!
- Capture same time(stamp) note-off tracking and postponing is now on
trial, hopefully mitigating a legato issue, reported to MIDI wind
instruments (EWI). (EXPERIMENTAL)
- Fixed an old window parenting (aka z-level) issue, related to the Add
Track and Track Properties dialogs and whether called from the main or
- Fixed the out-of-process plugin scanner terminating too soon and
sometimes miss some very last results.
- Fixed another old bug in MIDI note-off messages not being sent while
playing after a loop region.
- Fixed a pretty ancient bug in the VST(2.x) plug-in program names
inventory, present when building to the VeSTige header (which is still
Qtractor  is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application
written in C++ with the Qt framework . Target platform is Linux,
where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK ) for audio and the
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA ) for MIDI are the main
infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio
workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE Tubleweed):
- binary package (openSUSE Tubleweed):
- AppImage  package:
- Flatpak  package (thanks Hubert Figuière):
Wiki (outdated; help wanted!):
- static rendering:
- user manual & how-to's:
Qtractor  is free, open-source Linux Audio  software,
distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL )
version 2 or later.
 Qtractor - An audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
 Qt framework, C++ class library and tools for
cross-platform application and UI development
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 Linux Audio consortium of libre software for audio-related work
 GPL - GNU General Public License
 AppImage, Linux apps that run anywhere
 Flatpak, next-generation technology for building and distributing
desktop applications on Linux
 CLAP, CLever Audio Plugin
Make some noise, have fun or else, make some music!
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
More information about the Linux-audio-user