[LAU] [Music] Synthetic Air on a B-Thing

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Tue Oct 11 04:08:08 CEST 2022

Am 11.10.22 um 03:45 schrieb David Kastrup:
 > 15 voices?  How did you put them together from 4 in the score?

Lots of unisono with different patches, e.g. 1st and 2nd voice played
with two different string/synth patches, flute and horn doubling the 1st
voice at different stretches, cello to doubling the 3rd voice and the
bass, and so on...

> Here is a rendition on glissando synth I can get to better grips
> with.  Now I consider it likely that it's a mechanical performance

Yeah, that is totally just a MIDI file rendered, I'm pretty sure.

> Still, overall it works for me

I find it pretty boring, tbh.

Trying not to get too defensive, but I suspect that our aesthetics
differ here. I was definitely going for a "human feel", thatswhy I
played everything by hand and corrected only very glaring timing errors
in the MIDI later. It may well be, that this turned too sloppy for your
taste. I'm a synth nerd and song writer / producer first, not a great
player, so its totally possible that I did not reach a level of cohesion
some discerning listeners expect.

Chris