[LAU] Realtime revoicing of midi chords

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 16:26:36 CEST 2022

Hi John,

On 03/09/2022 15:55, Sirjohndfox wrote:

> Gday,
>
> I'm a disabled musician who plays keys with one hand.  I'm looking for ways to enhance my playing.  I've written some hacky stuff in  python (using  http://chordrecognizer.sourceforge.net/) and a standalone c piece for arduino that can recognise a chord and spit out a root note in a lower octave.  It works but it could be improved.
>
> The next thing I would like to accomplish is to re-voice a triad over a few octaves, for example move the middle note up an octave.

If I understand correctly you would like to be able to play a triad,
e.g. C4 E4 G4 and have e.g. a duplicate C3 or even C2 generated, as well
as e.g. the C4 'transposed' to C5 and maybe E4 to E5?

[...]
> I'd love to hear what people have come up with to get some ideas.

In this case my first thought would be to try experimenting with Pure
Data (a.k.a. Pd - https://puredata.info/).
Would it be a suitable environment for you?

I've done some not-too-complex MIDI manipulation / generation with Pd
and it works quite well, so if you feel it could suite your need I'd be
happy to help.

Lorenzo.