[LAU] An oldie revisited

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Fri Sep 16 17:54:18 CEST 2022

I sort of found an old track of indeterminate age, and thought I'd like to try
a remix, so looked for the project folder. It wasn't there! That was a bit of a
shock, as I never delete these, so how it came to be missing is a mystery.

It would have been possible to keep listening to the original audio to (slowly)
piece it together, but that was more tedious than I fancied. At this point I
didn't know just how old it was - the audio had a file date in 2010, but I
suspected it was older. Eventually I remembered I had a compressed archive of
my very early pre-linux work, and there it was!

Well, it is a not quite kosher MIDI file. This has the last modified date in
1994, so indeed older than I though. Importing it into Rosegarden produced a
lot of strange bits of tracks separated from the actual notes, and no sign of
track names, but it was enough to get started. That was about a month ago. I
now have the entire recording, expanded and reproduced with Yoshimi (the
original would have been a mix of Sound Canvas and SY22).

So here it is. Personally I find it quite difficult to keep still while it's
playing :)

https://soundcloud.com/soft-sounds/skipping-rope

--
Will J Godfrey {apparently now an 'elderly'}
https://willgodfrey.bandcamp.com/