[LAU] niceness of Xorg regarding dropouts?

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Thu Jan 26 11:04:14 CET 2023

On Thu, Jan 26, 2023 at 10:47:14AM +0100, Michael Jarosch wrote:

> Am 26.01.23 um 10:03 schrieb Peter P.:
> > Can anyone comment on the
> > usefulness or experiences with changing it (where would one change it?)?
>
> Sounds like a good idea.

I'm not so sure. If the audio processing is done in real-time
threads and these threads do not interact with X in any way
that could block them (as things should be), then this won't
help.

The only way X could interrupt audio in that case is by having
real-time threads as well, and the nice value won't affect
those.

Ciao,

--
FA