I know this has been a while, but this does seem like a reasonable idea.
What do we need to get this going? A paypal account? What else?
From: consortium-bounces(a)lists.linuxaudio.org [mailto:consortium-
bounces(a)lists.linuxaudio.org] On Behalf Of Dave Phillips
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 7:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Consortium] Funding option
Patrick Shirkey wrote:
One possible way of generating a small revenue stream which could be
used to support the consortium financially is to have google/yahoo ads
on the LAO websites.
Currently none of the websites hosted have them and it is obviously
not everyones first choice.
A few reasons I can think of for adding advertising to the site are:
- Constant stream of income
- The sites get heavy traffic so we would get high click through rates
- It *could* make us look more professional to non-Libre initiated users
- If the sites make good money then it will be channeled back into the
consortium and associated projects
- Google has been supportive of LAD and open source through "Summer of
- We all use Google anyway so lets cash in like everyone else
Anyhow it is definitely a consortium decision as it will no doubt be
viewed negatively by a substantial number of LAD/LAU'ers.
No objection here. I've recently considered adding Google ads on the
soundapps site, though my inertia will probably kibosh that plan. :)
Consortium mailing list