[Consortium] Re: Linuxaudio.org consortium launch

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 12:26:34 EDT 2004

--- Daniel James <daniel at linuxaudio.org> wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>

> > The reason why I'm contacting you today is because
> I have a new
> > project pertaining to my work at dspdimension.com
> that might be of
> > interest to linuxaudio.org as well - please find
> it at
> > http://www.clearscale.org
>
> I'd say this is definitely of interest to our
> members, especially
> since you are proposing to release your code under
> the GPL. I'd be
> interested to know the advantages that your project
> will offer over
> the existing time stretching software that I've
> used, such as the
> tempo change effect within Audacity.

There are companies that produce time and pitch
algorithms which they license to our favorite
proprietary manufacturers. It seems Stefan intends to
produce a comparable algorithm. There are a few Open
Source solutions around. I no experience using them
but I suspect they don't compare with the design goals
of ClearScale.

I think ClearScale is valuable project. I'm not aware
of anyone else that is working on a similar project.
It should be announced on the LAD list where Stefan
can get more feedback and publicity.

ron